To work within the system engineering team, providing support to development of solution architecture for satellite constellation.
Using Systems Engineering expertise to provide application of engineering best practice and methodologies. Several posts are envisioned to cover the duties outlined here.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Support development of solution architecture for satellite constellation.
- Support options appraisal process, design and implementation processes.
- Develop and maintain the Project Engineering Management Plan.
- Manage the application of architecture standards & design controls.
- Review security, functional, logical architectures and design baselines.
- Develop target architectures and high level designs.
- Assist with the process of System Accreditation.
- Advise in placing contracts to make changes to the ground and user segment.
- Support Technical Coherence.
- Research and review existing technology studies.
- Asses Technology/System Readiness Level.
- Support estimation exercise on technology maturation timeline.
- Carry out Integration, Verification, Validation and Quality activities.
- Manage a strong working relationship with third party suppliers.
- Review and evaluate third party supplier systems design submissions for technical correctness (performance, accuracy, completeness, content and depth), risk and compliance with technical standards and industrial best practice.
- A degree or equivalent qualification in an engineering discipline.
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain good customer relations.
- Experience in complex problem analysis and solution development in support of consulting tasks.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- User/System Requirements.
- Technical Systems and Service.
- Systems, Service, Business Operations Architectures and Standards.
- Integration, Test, Evaluation and Acceptance.
- In field / In orbit Verification and Validation.
- Product and Service Assurance.
- Safety and Environment Compliance.
- Security Compliance.
- Human Factors.
- Integrated Logistics Support.
- Reliability, Availability and Maintainability.
- Systems engineering expertise – user requirements capture; system requirements definition., architectural/functional design; requirements traceability; verification & validation processes;
- Broad and deep satcom architecture knowledge.
- Working knowledge architecture frameworks and approaches e.g. Archimate / TOGAF.
- Consultancy skills– building customer relations; flexibility in working hours and locations; adaptability to changing schedules; reliability and quality of task delivery; team player.
- Experience of working in a fast paced demanding environment with multiple stakeholders and client interfaces.
- Work as part of a client-side-support team, delivering outcomes at pace to tight timescales.
- Operate independently in setting and delivering work schedule.
- Undertake complex problem analysis and solution development in support of duties.
- Computer Aided Designs (CAD) covering Mechanical, Thermal, Electrical/Electronic, Radiation aspects.
- Spacecraft control, payload control, mission control, ground network control software aspects, and failure mode analyses.
- Knowledge of MOD and/or ESA systems engineering processes and standards.
- Knowledge of the CADMIN MOD acquisition lifecycle.
- DOORS practitioner.
- Experience of working in the military and commercial sectors.
- Chartered Engineer.
- Strong ability in system engineering principles, processes and products.
- Proficient writer of system engineering documents.
- Familiarity with Acquisition System Guidance best practice.
- Highest levels of professionalism, demonstrated by constant drive to deliver quality outputs
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good team worker with the ability to form working relationships within a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Positive attitude and drive to improve the business.
- Business, commercial and cultural awareness.
- Due to the nature of the role this will require the candidate to be Security Cleared (SC).
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 15th April 2019.
Location of the position is Wiltshire, UK.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.