An opportunity for an experienced Mission Operations Safety Engineer to work onsite at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA UK
To deliver safety engineering support to TEC-QI – Independent Safety Office.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Support the ESA Safety Review Panel chairman in the conduct of ESA safety reviews for the certification of International Space Station systems and payloads;
- Provide technical support to projects for the interpretation of safety requirements and the preparation of the safety review data package;
- Perform ESA Safety Review Panel secretarial tasks for data package distribution, reviews planning and logistics, collection of reviewers inputs, issue of official ESRP minutes of meeting ensuring that they are executed according to the process requirements in SSP 30599 and the
- complementary ESA processes;
- Perform preliminary assessment of safety data package readiness for review;
- Track and process action items responses and safety verifications closeouts;
- Upload of documentation in NASA and ESA databases;
- Assess safety analyses and safety compliance data packages prepared by cargo items providers (industrial contractors, experimenters, National Agencies, ISS commercial users) and provide detailed written feedback;
- Support ESA in the review of ISS Change Requests relevant to Safety requirements;
- Execute any other safety engineering related task upon request of the ESA Technical Responsible;
- Provide support to the ESRP Chairperson for the aspect associated to resolution of technical issues and conduction of safety reviews;
- Prepare weekly report on the executed safety engineering activities.
Qualifications / Experience
- Experience in the design and engineering of safety critical systems;
- Hands-on knowledge of the safety analyses and methodologies;
- Experience in human spaceflight safety with emphasis on the application of ISS safety requirements and processes and knowledge of ISS systems, subsystems and payloads would be an asset;
- Good interpersonal, organization and communication skills, with the ability to work in a diverse team environment;
- Understanding of the hazards which are intrinsic of a system and /or induced by space operations, and the way they are eliminated or controlled;
- Knowledge of the way safety data are generated, validated and retained in support of the ISS programme safety certification;
- Knowledge of Configuration Management;
- Familiarity with space product assurance practices is an advantage;
- Capacity to handle complex situations and complex environment;
- Knowledge of system safety engineering principle, methods and processes.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks and a stringent schedule
- Good English language skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skill
- Excellent analytical skills
- High standard of document drafting
- Ability to work effectively both within a small team and in an autonomous way
- Positive, “can-do” approach
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is Friday 8th March 2019
Location of the position is ESTEC, Noordwijk, Netherlands
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
By sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.