This in-house role is suited to a pro-active professional recruiter with experience of in-house or agency recruitment in a professional & technical environment.
To provide a high quality, cost effective recruitment service for Telespazio VEGA, enabling the business to meet its targets.
Responsibilities / Duties
The Recruitment Specialist is responsible for the entire recruitment lifecycle, for both subcontractors and permanent staff. This includes:
- Responding immediately to new requirements, raising relevant paperwork and advertising them effectively
- Designing and executing a suitable search campaign to generate a number of suitable applications
- Undertake Pre-interview and select suitable candidates, shortlisting for presentation to the line manager
- Preparation of documentation to be included within the Space bid
- Managing each candidate from first contact until rejection or starting with the company
- Ensuring a fair and legally compliant process is used at all times
- Ensure all relevant information is processed and held appropriately
- Ensure all internal Telespazio & Leonardo processes & procedures are followed
- Supporting the Head of HR on HR related activities which could include projects e.g. supporting the introduction of a new appraisal process or learning and development related initiatives
- Other ad-hoc generalist HR tasks as appropriate
- Supporting hiring managers with the recruitment process and advising/coaching as required
In order to support Telespazio VEGA, the Recruitment Specialist is required to search, select and close suitable candidates on conditional offers for inclusion in Space bids.
Qualifications / Experience
- A proven track record in permanent and contract recruitment within a Professional and Technical environment
- Experience of recruiting throughout Europe
- Experience of creating attractive job adverts for publication on commercial job boards. Advanced user of digital media for recruitment
- Experience of communicating with, searching for and negotiating with a wide range of candidates at all levels through to senior hires
- Experience of negotiating suitable terms with recruitment agencies
- A good working knowledge of employment law relating to recruitment
- Training and practical experience in competency based interviewing
- A sound understanding of the skills, experience and competencies required within a Professional Services company
- Experience of pro-active /direct resourcing in technical and/or scientific fields
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- IT skills including strong understanding of recruitment databases & Microsoft Office
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent English language skills both written and verbal
- Experience of the European Space Industry
- Working knowledge of HR function and core practices and procedures
- CPP or working towards a CIPD qualification
- Able to work with minimum supervision and in a fast paced environment
- Discreet and able to handle confidential information with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work to deadlines
- Demonstrate resilience, energy and flexibility
- Logical method of working
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 31st January 2019.
Location of the position is Luton.
Competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package including holiday, BUPA, life assurance and a contributory pension scheme
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.