An opportunity for an experienced Radio Navigation Engineer to work onsite at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA UK.
To provide support at the Radio Navigation and System and Technology Section in ESTEC for activities related to Navigation Projects in the fields of system and receivers performances.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Support to Navigation Projects (e.g. EGNOS and GALILEO) for system and receivers performances (including receiver testing and field campaigns) in particular for mass-market and high-accuracy applications (PPP);
- Participation in studies supporting current and future radio navigation system definition and/or analysis (EGNOS/GALILEO evolution, etc.) in particular for what concerns system performances and receiver algorithms (signal processing and/or navigation algorithms, including PPP and hybridisation with non-GNSS sensors);
- Design, definition and follow up of industrial contract related to the procurement of GNSS receiver for infrastructure or user applications, including space receivers;
- Design, definition and follow up of R&D contract related to future GNSS ground/space infrastructure receiver and user technology, including space receivers;
- Support design, implementation, maintenance and operation of Radio Navigation equipment, complex Radio Navigation simulation tools and test facilities for testing receivers and applications.
Qualifications / Experience
- PhD or Master’s degree in Telecommunications, Microwave or RF Electronics Engineering or related specialisation.
- Background and experience in GNSS navigation systems, GNSS, receiver design, algorithms and performances (signal processing, navigation, PPP, PVT hybridization of GNSS and in particular high accuracy GNSS, with other sensors, system performances, etc.).
- Good English language skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to present and effectively communicate quality system processes.
- Good organisational and communication skills, with the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
- Ability to promote cooperation and excellent skills in team-working and problem solving.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 14th March 2019
Location of the position is ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
By sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.