An opportunity for an experienced radio navigation/GNSS receivers engineer to work onsite at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA UK.
The work includes design, analysis, implementation and testing of radio navigation systems, with emphasis on radio navigation receivers as a key System Verification Tool.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- GNSS Systems Implementation, Integration, Verification and Experimentation including : Preparation, execution and analysis of simulations and Test Campaigns, and development and usage of Radio Navigation receivers and other System Verification Tools.
- Support to the Galileo project in the monitoring of industrial contracts for the design, development and verification of radio navigation receivers and their technologies, including hybridisation, and other System Verification Tools, and for studies on radio navigation, including generating technical requirements and statements of work;
- Following and/or overseeing experimentation and validation activities related to GALILEO Test User Receivers and other GALILEO System Verification Tools in liaison with engineering staff in the area of timing, user characterisation and UERE budget assessment.
- Following and/or overseeing evolutions of System Verification Tools inline with evolutions of GALILEO system, for example in Navigation Signal and Message, etc., and organising the subsequent related experimentation and validation.
- Participation to GALILEO System related Integration, Verification and Qualification (IVQ) activities to support the definition and preparation of test cases making use of the GALILEO System Verification Tools validation capabilities and to identify, characterise and follow-up System anomalies.
- Participation in the overall Radio Navigation R&D roadmap for the definition of high TRL activities with emphasis on the areas of Radio Navigation receivers and other System Verification Tools.
Qualifications / Experience
- PhD or MSc in telecommunications and signal processing or electronic engineering, as well as experience in these fields.
- Specific and Strong knowledge on Satellite Radio Navigation Systems, ranging and positioning techniques and technologies, including latest trends in robust PNT.
- Specific and Strong knowledge and experience on the design, development and testing of Radio Navigation receivers, including signal processing, positioning algorithms, Radio Frequency, multi-antenna and sensor hybridisation aspects.
- Strong experience at user level with satellite navigation receivers and satellite navigation positioning, integrity algorithms and robust positioning.
- At least 4 years’ experience relevant with GNSS and GALILEO systems and equipment including receivers and good knowledge of Radio Navigation simulation and testing systems.
- The following competencies would be an asset:
- Knowledge on EGNOS Overlay System, including the extension to GALILEO support and associated integrity functions;
- Familiarity with Safety-Of-Life systems, with Advanced RAIM (A-RAIM) techniques and with RTK/PPP techniques;
- Familiarity with authentication and encryption techniques that could be relevant to expected GALILEO OS/CS evolutions in these domains.
- Good English language skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to present and effectively communicate quality system processes;
- Ability to work effectively, autonomously and cooperatively in a diverse and international team environment, defining and implementing solutions in line with team and individual objectives, as well as project deadlines.
- Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Location of the position is ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.