An exceptional opportunity for a Project Manager on a satellite constellation. The Project manager shall act as a single point of contact and accountability for the delivery of outputs and services working with support teams delivering a sustainable and enduring satellite communications (satcom) capability.
Using project management expertise and knowledge to manage client-side support service outputs and realise service benefits in an efficient and timely manner.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Build and maintain relationships with high level management teams.
- Produce monthly project progress reports against deliverables.
- Liaise with sub-contractors.
- Drive Value for Money (VfM).
- Manage provision of client-side support requirement through fluctuations in workload.
- Identify monitor and manage mitigate of programme risks.
- Manage knowledge transfer activities.
- Invoicing and resolving contract issues.
- Managing of Conflict of Interest.
- Work as part of a client team, delivering outcomes at pace to tight timescales.
- Build and maintain good client relations.
- Set-up and deliver schedule and managing delivering against that schedule.
- Attend performance reviews and performance measurement meetings and any ad hoc meetings the Client Programme Manager calls.
Qualifications / Experience
- A degree or equivalent qualification in an engineering discipline.
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain good client relations.
- Due to the nature of the role this will require the candidate to be Security Cleared (SC).
- Willing to be cleared to DV.
- Operate independently in setting and delivering work schedule, managing your own time to deliver allocated tasks.
- Team leadership and management.
- Project Management expertise – project planning, risk management, value and benefit management, project controls.
- Qualified in PRINCE2 and Managing Successful Programmes (MSP).
- Consultancy skills– building client relations; flexibility in working hours and locations; adaptability to changing schedules; reliability and quality of task delivery; team player.
- Experience of working in a fast paced demanding environment with multiple stakeholders and client interfaces.
- Ability to demonstrate the determination and drive that will be required to deliver a challenging role.
- Excellent collaboration and partnering skills.
- Excellent conflict management and facilitation skills.
- Experience of working in the military and commercial sectors.
- Full Membership of Association of Project Management.
- Experienced in managing services and/or relationships in a many-to-many client – provider environment.
- Excellent planning skills and time management.
- Highest levels of professionalism, demonstrated by constant drive to deliver quality outputs with an attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good team worker with ability to negotiate, influence and motivate.
- Positive attitude and drive to improve the business.
- Business, commercial and cultural awareness.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 15th April 2019.
Location of the position is Wiltshire, UK.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
By sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.