An opportunity for an experienced payload engineer to work onsite at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA UK.
To provide support at the Payload Engineering Section in ESTEC for activities related to the definition, simulation, specification and development of telecom, EO and RF Remote Sensing Instruments and Payloads.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Contribute to internal R&D activities for the design, modelling, architectural trade-off and performance assessment of advanced RF payloads and instruments in the domain of telecommunications (emphasis on payloads based on active antennas) and earth observation (Synthetic Aperture Radars, Altimeters, Scatterometers, Radiometers);
- Perform technical management of R&D activities with industry in the field of advanced payload concepts and sub-systems/equipment development;
- Provide RF payload technical support to projects and programmes, Contribute to the generation and promotion of innovative ideas in the field of RF payloads for telecommunications and earth observation, including the definition of ESA R&D programmes;
- Define technical requirements and statements of work for the tasks of R&D activities to be performed by industry, from early conceptual studies to full hardware development;
- Contribute to the development/usage of section related laboratory facilities and analysis/simulation tools;
- Maintain state-of-the-art expertise by monitoring the space and ground system and technological trends and applying them in the day-to-day tasks.
Qualifications / Experience
- PhD or Master’s degree in Telecommunications, Microwave or RF Electronics Engineering or related specialisation.
- Good background and several years of working experience on design, development and testing of Radio Frequency payloads and instruments for space applications in the domain of telecommunications and remote sensing.
- Very good knowledge of analog and digital signal processing.
- Very good knowledge of software and simulation tools and programming (Matlab/Simulink, ADS/VSS, C/C++, Python).
- Good English language skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to present and effectively communicate quality system processes.
- Good organisational and communication skills, with the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
- Ability to promote cooperation and excellent skills in team-working and problem solving.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 1st March 2019
Location of the position is ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
By sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.