An opportunity for an experienced engineer to provide support to ECSAT Facility Management onsite at ECSAT, Harwell for Telespazio VEGA UK.
To provide electrical, mechanical, civil and maintenance engineering support to the ECSAT Site Manager. The tasks cover the maintenance and operation of the ECSAT site, as well as support to small projects in the civil, mechanical and electrical domains.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Supervision, review and quality control of the annual preventive maintenance plan as prepared and performed by the outsourced Maintenance Company operation on site
- Supervision and quality control of the preventive and corrective maintenance activities performed by contractor companies on site, and assessing the quality of the performed works against the agreed quality levels
- Provision of support for the project management related to the Facilities Management domain
- Preparation of the technical description of the work to be performed
- Launching the procurement process via tender or purchase in collaboration with the procurement/contract team in ESA
- Support to the bid evaluation and negotiation
- Technical, Financial and timeline monitoring of the implementation phase
- Active support to the investigation and analysis of technical failures, identification of corresponding technical solutions and participation to the quality control of the implemented remedial actions.
- Support to roll-out of the ECSAT CIFM database and upkeep of the data
- Ad-hoc support to ECSAT Site Manager
Qualifications / Experience
- Master’s degree.
- At least 2 years of experience in building infrastructure and facility management
- Good knowledge of the applicable norms and legislation in the UK
- Sound analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, team spirit, with a real capability and willingness to learn and work in an international environment.
- Ability to work with the CIFM based on Archibus software is considered an asset
- Experience of ESA tender rules and procedures is considered an asset
- Professional Membership of an appropriate body, such as the Institute of Safety and Health, National Examination Board Health and Safety, the British Institute of Facilities Managers or Membership into the Charter Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS).
- Good English language skills, as well as good knowledge of MS Office software applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint), MS Project and Lotus Notes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to present and effectively communicate with the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 22nd February 2019
Location of the position is Harwell, UK
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
By sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.