An experienced Ground Systems Engineer to join Telespazio’s growing team developing navigation and other satellite systems and applications in our Luton offices.
To successfully deliver engineering projects in navigation and other satellite systems and applications as part of an existing and growing team. To support further bids to win new work.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties and main tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Ground Systems Engineering work including studies, modelling, implementation, trials and report writing
- Role will address both upstream (satellite) and downstream (application) activities.
- Development of high performance GNSS applications for transport and other applications
- Upstream satellite activities will include design and development of GNSS systems and ground segment elements and contributions to operations
- Contribute to engineering team activities
- Contribute to bids
Qualifications / Experience
- BSc degree in engineering, science, maths or equivalent experience
- UK National
- Experienced ground systems engineer including
- Satellite systems &/or operations experience
- GNSS and wider PNT systems experience (desirable)
- Bid writing experience, preferably including multi-company bids either as Prime or Subcontractor
- Familiar with UK Space Agency / MoD / ESA processes, bids and contracts (desirable)
- Familiar with Rail domain including signaling (desirable)
- Awareness of UK GNSS, Galileo, security issues (desirable)
- Programming / modelling, particularly GNSS, satellite simulation, operations tools (desirable)
- Excellent (clear, concise and structured) written and verbal communication in English (engineering & operations topics)
- Organised & structured way of working
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft office
- Able to work with limited supervision and take the initiative to deliver high quality work on budget and on time
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work to deadlines
- Professional, logical and thorough
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Flexible and willing to work on a range of activities to meet evolving business needs
Other Desirable Requirements
- UK Driving license
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date: 28th May 2019.
Location: Capability Green, Luton, UK.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
By sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.