An opportunity for an experienced safety engineer to work onsite at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA UK.
To provide support at the Radio Navigation and System and Technology Section in ESTEC for safety related activities related to Navigation Projects with respect to Functional Safety, in applications such as in railway, maritime and automotive.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Support to Navigation Projects (e.g. EGNOS and GALILEO) and R&D activities in the fields of safety-related Position-Navigation-Timing (PNT) applications including aspects related to PVT integrity and assurance (security);
- Participation in studies supporting current and future PNT systems definition and/or analysis for security and safety-related applications (e.g. regarding system architecture, ground processing and user segment technologies);
- Support to the activities relating to technology development, standardisation and working groups on PVT assurance and safety-related PNT applications;
- Design, definition and follow up of industrial contracts related to the procurement of GNSS testbeds and receivers for infrastructure or user applications, and in particular, for what concerns safety-related applications (e.g. in railway, maritime and automotive sectors), PVT integrity and assurance (security);
- Support design, implementation, maintenance and operation of Radio Navigation equipment, complex Radio Navigation simulation tools and test facilities for testing features (end-to-end performances, receivers, etc.) in the aforementioned activities;
- Support end-to-end GALILEO/EGNOS System Integration, Validation and Qualification activities in particular for new features and receivers in the area of safety-related applications (e.g. in railway, maritime and automotive sectors) including PVT integrity and assurance (security) aspects.
Qualifications / Experience
- PhD or Master’s degree in Telecommunications, Microwave or RF Electronics Engineering or related specialisation;
- 5-10 years of experience in fields related to the intended activities;
- Background and experience in GNSS systems and technologies, in particular for PVT integrity (including SBAS, RAIM/ARAIM, integration of sensors, etc.);
- Experience in system design and technologies in the field of wireless systems for safety-related applications (e.g. radio-navigation and telecommunications), and in the field of user equipment technologies (e.g. signal processing, design, performances, standardization, etc.) for wireless systems (e.g. GNSS, 3GPP, etc.);
- Background or experience in at least one of the following is desirable: wireless security, GNSS PVT assurance, any of the aforementioned application domains (railway, automotive, maritime) and their associated safety standards).
- Good English language skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to present and effectively communicate quality system processes.
- Good organisational and communication skills, with the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
- Ability to promote cooperation and excellent skills in team-working and problem solving.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 30th April 2019
Location of the position is ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.