An opportunity for an experienced Flight Software Systems engineer, with development and validation skills, to work for the Swedish Institute of Space Physics in Uppsala on site.
To provide support to the JUICE Mission and in particular to the Radio Plasma and Wave Instrument (RPWI) which will characterize the radio emission and plasma environment of the Jupiter System.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Development and validation of the software for the Radio Plasma and Wave Instrument (RPWI) of the ESA JUICE mission.
- Perform unit testing of the Instrument software.
- Generating and maintenance of the required software documentation.
Qualifications / Experience
- A PhD or MSc or equivalent qualification in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Electronic Engineering or a related discipline.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Good English language skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skill
- Software engineering.
- Programming language: C and debugging skills (gdb).
- Embedded Real Time Systems and Real Time Kernels (RTEMS).
- Methods for validation and unit testing.
- Experience with embedded real-time software development
- Communication protocols (SpaceWire, Simple Serial Interface (SSI)).
- Familiarity with test automation.
- Programming language: TCL.
- Knowledge of PUS ECSS-E-ST-70-41A Telemetry and telecommand packet utilization.
- Knowledge of SPARC LEON3 and multicore processor.
- Software Engineering tools (GNU/Linux, Makefile, Python, gcc, git).
- Software Engineering Standards such as the ECSS-E-ST-40C.
- Positive, “can-do” approach
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 11th March 2019.
Location of the position is Kiruna, Sweden.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.