An opportunity for an experienced EMC Engineer to work onsite at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA UK.
Providing expert technical support on EMC activities within the TEC-EPE Section for ESA Projects, throughout all phases, with review, analysis and assessment of EMC test results. The role includes witnessing and performing EMC tests in the TEC-EPE EMC laboratory.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Definition and assessment of EMC requirements at both System and Equipment level.
- Definition and assessment of EMC test and verification procedures of spacecraft equipment and systems.
- Electromagnetic and circuital analyses.
- Assessment of EMC test results, EMC non-conformances and Request for Waivers.
- Troubleshooting activities for spacecraft equipment and system exhibiting electromagnetic interference.
- Active participation to Spacecraft or payloads Preliminary Design Reviews (PDR), Critical Design Reviews (CDR) and Flight Acceptance Reviews (FAR).
Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum of MSc or PhD in Electrical Engineering or relevant field of study.
- General background and experience in EMC testing, as well as laboratory testing for EMC (preferably in the space domain) is required.
- Expertise in EMC analysis and testing through industrial experience is desired.
- Acquaintance with both Industrial EMC practices and the Agency review processes is an advantage.
- Expertise in using Matlab for data processing and evaluation is desired.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks and a stringent schedule
- Good English language skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skill
- Excellent analytical skills
- Positive, “can-do” approach
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 1st May 2019
Location of the position is ESTEC, Noordwijk, Netherlands
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.