An opportunity for an experienced engineer to work onsite at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA UK supporting EGSE and Ground Systems activities in D/TEC.
To provide support at the Ground Software System and Functional Verification Section in ESTEC for activities relating to EGSE and Ground Systems Software for ESA missions. Experience in DSP programming is required.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Modelling of systems (including spacecraft, ground segment and other required auxiliary systems).
- Elaboration, development and promotion of tools for distributed and collaborative engineering.
- Support for mission simulation, science operations planning and scheduling and experiment operations verification.
- Elaboration, development and promotion of the concept of generic simulation testbeds (such as ATB), applicable for different projects, including preparation and promotion of relevant standards.
- Real-time simulation infrastructure and tools based on different platforms, including LINUX environments. This infrastructure can support both hardware-in-the-loop and man-in-the-loop simulation.
- Support to ESA project teams in activities related to the procurement of EGSE for space systems, subsystems and instruments including preparation of requirement specifications, monitoring of industrial activities, acceptance of industrial products and participation in project reviews.
- Support to ESA project teams in activities related to the development of space system database software and utilization including support to specification, architecture, implementation, software problem solving, exchange and interfaces with external systems, data modelling verification of consistency and completeness of data, compliance with technical documentation, project reviews.
- Visualisation and graphical user interaction on different levels, including MMI design, parameter visualization, and up to high-end 3-D real-time, interactive and immersive visualisation systems, also known as Virtual Reality (VR) simulation. Develop, integrate and maintain VR applications and the related technology.
- Maintenance of the EGSE- SCOS based reference facility and Space System Database reference facility to support prototyping of new technology; standards validation and evaluation of industrial methods and tools.
- Participation in the definition of standards for ground system and operations, electrical test facilities and modelling and simulation in the context of ECSS and ESA internal standardisation.
Qualifications / Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in Electronic Engineering, Space Systems Engineering, Computer Science or related specialisation.
- Relevant experience within software engineering, software design and configuration control methods, tools and standards.
- Knowledge of real-time software and Object Oriented design methods, databases and most common operating system (Windows, Corba, Linux, Unix, etc.).
- Knowledge of Space Systems and Space System Engineering.
- Good experience with DSP programming.
- Good English language skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to present and effectively communicate quality system processes.
- Good organisational and communication skills, with the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 1st March 2019
Location of the position is ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
By sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.