An opportunity for an experienced engineer to work onsite at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA UK supporting EGSE and Ground Systems activities in D/TEC.
To provide support at the Ground Software System and Functional Verification Section in ESTEC for activities relating to EGSE and Ground Systems Software for ESA missions.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Project (such as eSail, PLATO) support on the procurement, development and utilisation of EGSE systems, including problem solving, interfaces with external systems and project reviews.
- Project support for Ground Software Systems, such as the EarthCare Operational Scientific Ground Segment development, Level 0, 1 and 2 dataprocessing, visualisation. This includes generic software engineering, software development support, collaborative software development environment support, software acceptance (compilation, installation, running tests).
- Support on R&D studies, specifically related to the (currently under development) European Ground System Common Core (EGS-CC), which will be the basis of the future Electrical Ground Support Equipment (EGSE) and Mission Control Systems (MCS) infrastructures in Europe.
- Maintenance and future developments of the EGSE Reference Facility as part of the Software Systems Laboratory. This includes software builds and integration of industrial elements to the EGSE reference facility as well as the functional verification in end-to-end scenarios, maintenance of an EGSE software library/configuration management/lab website, evaluation of needs Support Standardization activities in the EGSE domain (e.g. E70-30 Monitoring and Control Data Definition, E70-32 Test and Operations Language, E70-41 PUS, E10-23 Space System Data Repository) and generation of requirements for enhancements.
Qualifications / Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in Electronic Engineering, Space Systems Engineering, Computer Science or related specialisation.
- Relevant experience within software engineering, software design and configuration control methods, tools and standards.
- The candidate shall have extensive practical experience of implementing and building complex software systems in the space domain, in developing and utilizing EGSEs, in modelling monitoring and control data in compliance with the ESA monitoring and control systems (legacy systems such as SCOS or future systems such as EGS-CC.
- Knowledge of modern software engineering practices and standards applied to real-time systems.
- Knowledge of Space Systems and Space System Engineering is necessary.
- In particular experience with one or more topics such as:
- Software development (Java, Eclipse);
- Service oriented and component based architectures (OSGi, Karaf);
- Unix/Linux system administration and programming
- Configuration management and build of large SW projects (Git, Maven,Jenkins, Nexus, Gradle);
- Object Oriented design methods and corresponding tools (e.g. MagicDraw);
- Databases: Oracle, Postgres, Hadoop• SCOS 2000 and the SCOS 2000 MIB ICD;
- Experience with the relevant ECSS standards particularly PUS and its tailoring
- Good English language skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to present and effectively communicate quality system processes.
- Good organisational and communication skills, with the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 30th April 2019
Location of the position is ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
By sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.