An opportunity for an experienced Component Engineer to provide support onsite at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA.
To provide expert support to ESA projects in EEE components, contributing with proven proficiency in EEE photonic components. The position will be based in the Technical Directorate, D/TEC-ED.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Providing expert technical support and consultancy to ESA projects, programmes and general studies in the field of photonic components throughout all project phases; with an emphasis on support to detector procurements for ESA projects.
- Requesting support from, defining test plans and reviewing test reports from the EEE components laboratory in physical destructive analysis, constructional analysis or failure analysis of photonics components, and performing laboratory activities as required;
- Defining, initiating and managing R&D activities within the Agency’s technology programmes related to development, evaluation and qualification of photonic EEE Components.
Qualifications / Experience
- PhD or MSc in Electrical Engineering, Physics or related specialization.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience.
- General background and specific experience in the technical domains covered by the position, e.g. experience in manufacturing of photonic components, or experience in performing inspections of detectors.
- Hands-on hardware experience.
- Understanding of related technologies, R&D trends and the industrial landscape
- Project support experience in a relevant domain
- Good English language skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skill
- Excellent analytical skills
- High standard of document drafting
- Ability to work effectively both within a small team and in an autonomous way
- Positive, “can-do” approach to solving problems.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 7th May 2019.
Location of the position is ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.