An opportunity for an experienced component engineer to work onsite at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA UK.
To provide support at the Section for Radiation Hardness Assurance and Component Analysis in close collaboration with the Laboratory Technical Administrator in the area of component testing and radiation effects in electronic components.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Provide support to the Space Component Evaluation and Radiation Effects Section by; preparing, participating, executing irradiation test campaigns for Total Ionising Dose (TID), Displacement Damage (DD) and Single Event Effect (SEE) radiation testing of EEE components.
- Provide expertise in the field of Discrete and Complex Digital and Mixed Signal Semiconductor components.
- Carry out functional and parametric electrical testing and analysis tasks, particularly concerning Discrete and Complex Semiconductor components.
- Perform test preparations including data sheet/specification analysis, determine and create the required test set-up in hardware (design and adaptation of test boards and jigs, and software incl. test pattern definition/generation for the test system(s) used.
- Plan and implement reliability tests (environmental, endurance, stress, ESD, etc.).
- Perform selected tasks concerning the installation and upkeep of laboratory equipment and software. Undertake other physical analysis and test tasks as required.
- Contribute to the assessment of test methods, test flows, test programmes, test equipment and the planning of relevant laboratory investments.
Qualifications / Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in Electrical Engineering, Physics or related specialisation.
- Good overall knowledge of semiconductor technologies in terms of process, production, testing, component design, component types, component application and reliability.
- Practical experience in the use of laboratory equipment such as parameter analysers, logic analysers, data loggers, VLSI testers, writing and adapting test SW for SZ and similar test system.
- Familiarity with data acquisition systems and software (e. g. LABVIEW, Python, C++);
- Knowledge of radiation effects in electronic components is a plus
- Good English language skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to present and effectively communicate quality system processes.
- Good organisational and communication skills, with the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 15th February 2019.
Location of the position is ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.