An opportunity for an experienced Component Engineer to provide support onsite at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA.
To provide expert support to ESA projects in EEE components, contributing with proven proficiency in at least four of the following fields : Passive Components, Discrete Semiconductors for RF and non-RF, Complex Microcircuits for Digital, Analog, Mixed Signal and Microwave, Hybrid Technology, Micropackaging, Optoelectronics and Micro-/Nano-Systems.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Auditing of component manufacturers and engineering support to the ESCC standardization and qualification program.
- Carry out Failure Analysis tasks and other analysis tasks as required.
- Prepare reports on the analysis tasks as required.
- Support and advice concerning the performance of analysis tasks sub-contracted to external laboratories.
- Provide related technical support on EEE components to ESA projects and other D/TEC divisions in the area of hybrid technology.
- Provide technical assistance in the definition and to the management of ESA Technology programmes in the field of hybrid technology.
- Provide technical input to the formulation, review and maintenance of the technical standards and specifications relating to the evaluation and capability approval of hybrid manufacturers.
- Provide technical assistance in the formulation and monitoring of Capability Approval programmes for hybrid manufacturers.
- Support ISO certification activities.
Qualifications / Experience
- PhD or MSc in Electrical Engineering, Physics or related specialization.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Proficiency in at least four of the following fields: Passive Components, Discrete Semiconductors for RF and non-RF, Complex Microcircuits for Digital, Analog, Mixed Signal and Microwave, Hybrid Technology, Micropackaging, Optoelectronics and Micro-/Nano-Systems.
- Demonstrated background and experience in EEE component technologies, in terms of production technology, test equipment, test tools, test methods and standards, laboratory work and procedures.
- Good English language skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skill
- Excellent analytical skills
- High standard of document drafting
- Ability to work effectively both within a small team and in an autonomous way
- Positive, “can-do” approach to solving problems.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 1st April 2019.
Location of the position is ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
By sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.