An exceptional opportunity for a Chief Engineer role to manage the engineering and safety elements of the satcoms programme.
Using Engineering Management knowledge and Systems Engineering expertise to provide leadership, coordination, and engineering assurance for the acquisition, integration, and verification of assets, systems, and services, into the satellite constellation.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Advise on engineering policy, rules and guidelines.
- Implementation and maintenance of engineering governance.
- Promote use of high-level engineering plans.
- Monitoring and reporting on performance of client-side support system engineering teams.
- Co-ordinate activities between senior engineers across relevant programmers.
- Attend project boards, working groups and meetings; ensure that actions are implemented.
- Ensure that the engineering function contributes to the overall Programme procurement approach and is aligned to the evolving Architectural and Systems Design.
- Represent at internal programme reviews, Technical Working Groups, Engineering Team meetings, risk reviews.
- Co-ordinate and prioritise the work of the system engineering work-streams.
- Provide management and oversight of technical domain related risks, establish, monitor and maintain appropriate risk mitigation plans.
- Operate as a satcom technical subject matter expert and advise delivery project teams on business and service architectures; then assure the technical design/ implementation through design and build into operations.
- The Chief Engineer shall manage the client-side support systems engineering teams performing roles covering the following areas of expertise:
- User/System Requirements.
- Technical Systems and Service.
- Systems, Service, Business Operations Architectures and Standards.
- Integration, Test, Evaluation and Acceptance.
- In field / In orbit Verification and Validation.
- Product and Service Assurance.
- Safety and Environment Compliance.
- Security Compliance.
- Human Factors.
- Integrated Logistics Support.
- Reliability, Availability and Maintainability.
- A degree or equivalent qualification in an engineering discipline.
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain good client relations.
- Experience in complex problem analysis and solution development in support of consulting tasks.
- Due to the nature of the role this will require the candidate to be Security Cleared (SC).
- Willing to be security cleared to DV.
- Team leadership and management.
- Experience in satellite communications.
- Experience working in a complex engineering environment.
- Systems engineering expertise – user requirements capture; system requirements definition; architectural/functional design; requirements traceability; verification & validation processes.
- Broad and deep engineering knowledge.
- Working knowledge architecture frameworks and approaches e.g. Archimate / TOGAF.
- Consultancy skills– building client relations; flexibility in working hours and locations; adaptability to changing schedules; reliability and quality of task delivery; team player.
- Experience of working in a fast paced demanding environment with multiple stakeholders and client interfaces.
- Work as part of a client team, delivering outcomes at pace to tight timescales.
- Operate independently in setting and delivering work schedule.
- Undertake complex problem analysis and solution development in support of consulting tasks.
- Excellent collaboration and partnering skills.
- Excellent facilitation skills.
- Qualified in PRINCE2 and/or Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) and/or Information Technology Infrastructure Library v3.
- Experience of working in the military and commercial sectors.
- Chartered Engineer.
- Experienced in managing services and/or relationships in a many-to-many client – provider environment.
- Highest levels of professionalism, demonstrated by constant drive to deliver quality outputs.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good team worker with ability to influence and motivate.
- Positive attitude and drive to improve the business.
- Business, commercial and cultural awareness.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 15th April 2019.
Location of the position is Wiltshire, UK.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
By sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.