An exciting opportunity for an experienced Thermal System & Control Engineer to work for Telespazio VEGA onsite at ESTEC within the Thermal Control Section.
To support all relevant thermal systems design and analysis requirements.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Provide support to the Agency in the thermal engineering (design, analysis and verification area) related to the sections thermal control activities.
- Provide support to ESA projects, including CDF activities, interface with the project team, interface – if requested – with the industrial team, participate in progress meetings and reviews, as requested by project work, and provide appropriate feedback on the achieved progress and discussions.
- Support the thermal control activities (project support and R&D activities) of the Section in the area of his/her specialization.
- Build geometrical and thermal models, perform relevant analyses, evaluate critically the results and issue relevant documentation covering all work performed.
- Support the maintenance and upgrading of thermal mathematical models.
- Support thermal verification test campaigns for ongoing ESA projects by performing/reviewing test procedures, test predictions and test correlations and attend the tests if required.
- Support ESA project reviews.
- Support European standardization activities
- Make regular progress reports.
- Provide adequate documentation, covering all tasks above.
Qualifications / Experience
- Master degree in relevant Engineering field or equivalent experience.
- Very good background and experience in thermal modelling and analysis as well as thermal spacecraft design and verification
- Very good background and knowledge of spacecraft system aspects
- Very good background and experience with the Agency’s thermal analysis tools, e.g. ESATAN-TMS
- Knowledge of ECSS standards
- Be able to function as part of a team
- A proactive and flexible attitude will be required
- An ability to work independently and to establish good working relations
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is: 4th December 2017
Location of the position is: ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.