An opportunity for an experienced Thermal System/Control Engineer to work onsite at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA UK.
Provide support in the thermal engineering (design, analysis and verification area) related to the sections thermal control activities.
Responsibilities / Duties
The duties of the Thermal Control Section:
- Provide support to ESA projects, including CDF activities, interface with the project team, interface – if requested – with the industrial team, participate in progress meetings and reviews, as requested by project work, and provide appropriate feedback on the achieved progress and discussions.
- Support the thermal control activities (project support and R&D activities) of the Section in the area of his/her specialization.
- Build geometrical and thermal models, perform relevant analyses, evaluate critically the results and issue relevant documentation covering all work performed.
- Support the maintenance and upgrading of thermal mathematical models.
- Support thermal verification test campaigns for ongoing ESA projects by performing/reviewing test procedures, test predictions and test correlations and attend the tests if required.
- Support ESA project reviews.
- Support European standardization activities
- Make regular progress reports.
- Provide adequate documentation, covering all tasks above.
Qualifications / Experience
- PhD or Master (or equivalent experience) in relevant field.
- A very good background and experience in thermal modelling and analysis as well as thermal spacecraft design and verification.
- Experience and knowledge of spacecraft system aspects.
- Strong background and experience with the Agency’s thermal analysis tools, e.g. ESATAN-TMS
- Good English language skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree of organizational and communication abilities, and the ability to work comfortably in a diverse, multinational team environment.
- Positive, “can-do” approach
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 30th October 2018.
Location of the position is Noordwijk, the Netherlands.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
Click Here To Apply With CV & Covering Letter By sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application