An opportunity for a Thermal and Mechanical Technician to work onsite at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA UK. This is a fixed-term one year position.
To support defined ESA projects with the experimental verification and environmental testing of small scale space equipment in the Mechanical Systems Laboratory.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Support ESA projects and external customers in the domain of thermal and mechanical experimental verification and environmental testing of small scale space equipment in facilities of the Mechanical Systems Laboratory (MSL). He/she will be involved in all activities related to preparation, execution, and evaluation and reporting under the direct supervision of the Head of the Laboratory.
- Support the development and the maintenance of the laboratory infrastructure.
- Ensure compliance with ISO 17025 for operational work and shall support the definition and maintenance of working (maintenance) procedures for the laboratory facilities.
- Make regular progress reports.
- Provide adequate documentation, covering all above tasks.
Qualifications / Experience
- At least Technical Degree (B.Sc. Diploma or equivalent) in a relevant physical science or engineering subject.
- Demonstrated background in environmental testing and thermal verification.
- Proven experience in the area of testing with evidence of work in a laboratory and within a team of engineers and technicians.
- Good knowledge of ISO 17025 quality systems.
- Proven experience in the area of laboratory maintenance & calibration & data acquisition.
- Experience of cryogenics is an asset.
- Good English language skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to present and effectively communicate quality system processes;
- Ability to work effectively, autonomously and cooperatively in a diverse and international team environment, defining and implementing solutions in line with team and individual objectives, as well as project deadlines.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Location of the position is ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.