An opportunity for an experienced Telecom System Engineer with experience of satellite communication architectures and techniques to work onsite at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA UK.
To support the Telecom TT&C Systems & Technical Section with expertise in satellite telecommunication systems and protocols (broadband services) and ground user terminals for broadband telecommunications and/or aeronautical user terminals for ATM via Satellite.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Support the user terminal developments within the Iris project.
- Support ARTES C&G activities related to ground segment developments for telecom systems.
- Support the preparation of the section R&D technology roadmaps in the area of telecom systems and networks.
- Support the section telecom lab activities.
- Assistance in preparation of invitation to tenders related to ESA R&D.
- Activities and contracts technical follow-up.
- Specific engineering support to space projects developed by ESA and/or by major European industries/operators.
- Validation of designs by means of analyses, simulations, laboratory testing and field trials (possibly in co-operation with third parties).
- Design, implementation and testing tasks for technological projects.
Qualifications / Experience
- University degree (MSc minimum) in telecommunications and signal processing or electronic engineering.
- At least 4 years’ relevant industrial experience.
- Solid experience with Satellite telecommunication systems and protocols (broadband services).
- Experience of Air Traffic Management (ATM) is a desired.
- Experience of Aeronautical user terminals for ATM via Satellite and/or ground user terminal for broadband telecommunications is essential.
- Experience of Secure telecommunication networks.
- Experience of digital communication system and sub-system techniques, high-speed processing techniques for communication via satellites.
- Familiarity with modern communication system and sub-system simulation techniques – Matlab and C/C++ programming.
- Knowledge of modern prototyping and testing methodologies for digital communication sub-systems is also preferred.
- Good English language skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to present and effectively communicate quality system processes.
- Good organisational and communication skills, with the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
- Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Location of the position is ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.