An opportunity for an experienced space systems engineer to work onsite at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA UK in the D/TEC Directorate supporting activities in technology implementation.
Support the Management and Implementation of the General Support Technology Programme and of the Technology Development in ESA.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but are not limited to:
The R&D Technology Engineer will support the Management and Implementation of the General Support Technology Programme and of the Technology Development Element of the Basic Activities by carrying out the following main tasks:
- Evaluation of proposals for technology R&D activities on their technical merit, consistency and defined priorities.
- Preparation of the planning of the Technology programmes and of in-flight demonstration opportunities in close collaboration with representatives from technical support and programme departments.
- Managing assigned R&D activities.
- Monitoring of the implementation of the programmes and of activities, as appropriate, and provision of management information as required.
- Monitoring of the consistency of the various Programmes/Initiatives with respect to other on-going technology programmes and defined industrial policy objectives.
- Evaluation of the results and support the dissemination of technology achievements (e.g. support the preparation of workshops and final presentation days).
Qualifications / Experience
- A PhD or Msc Engineering from a recognised Institution of secondary studies or equivalent (preferably space related).
- An additional qualification in Business Administration would be an asset.
- Familiarity and experience in the R&D area and technology development processes, in particular in the space sector, is a distinctive advantage.
- Knowledge of Programme/Project management and controlling methods and tools.
- Ability to interface with ESA staff at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and synthesise complex information.
- Good verbal and written communications.
- Rigor, commitment and reliability in the execution of the assigned tasks.
- Proactive attitude to solving problems, identify priority actions and to handle high workload.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks and a stringent schedule; Experience in an international team is required.
- Fluency in English is required, including the ability to draft technical reports.
- Good communication skills, problem solving skills and be able to manage relationships, work in a team and be self-motivating and disciplined.
- Candidate should also possess very good interpersonal skills, be well-organised, pro-active, self-motivated and able to work effectively in a matrix structure.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is Monday 22nd April 2019
Location of the position is ESTEC, Noordwijk, Netherlands.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
By sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.