An opportunity for an experienced System Engineer to work onsite at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA UK.
Providing expert to support TEC-SP – Projects Office in the implementation of technical activities.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- As part of the team implementing the Luxembourg National Space programme, the holder position will support the implementation of technical activities, maintain interfaces with the relevant Prime Contractors or subsystem responsible industry/research institute for the assigned projects.
- The holder will also be involved in the System team of Small Satellite or Cubesat project in activities related to System tasks from early definition phase to implementation phase and launch/operations phase. In this
- context, the holder will maintain interfaces with the ESA technical specialists for ad-hoc support.
- Support system and subsystem reviews of the assigned project.
- Follow up technical issues arising on the assigned projects and participate in risk reduction activities.
- Help defining operations and support the in-orbit commissioning phase of the projects.
Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum of MSc or equivalent in an Engineering or Technical Field
- Minimum of 4 years relevant industrial experience.
- Expert knowledge of System and more specifically of avonics, software and communication subsystem through the complete lifecycle, including mission design/operations, systems design & AIV and subsystem technologies/products.
- Broad knowledge of/experience in the practical application of tailored engineering/quality standards to Small Satellite, IOD missions and CubeSat projects would be an asset.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks and a stringent schedule
- Good English language skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skill
- Excellent analytical skills
- High standard of document drafting
- Ability to work effectively both within a small team and in an autonomous way
- Positive, “can-do” approach
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is Monday 14th January 2019
Location of the position is ESTEC, Noordwijk, Netherlands
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
Click Here To Apply With CV & Covering Letter
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.