An opportunity for an experienced System Modelling Engineer to work onsite at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA UK.
To provide support in the Section for System Modelling and Functional Verification in the D/TEC Directorate in the area of system performance evaluation and system and architecture modelling.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Support in system and architecture modelling. System modelling in support of finalising the system description subject to evaluation. Support to the requirements engineering and the subsequent verification and validation activities at system and software level.
- System modelling in support of information traceability and management, in particular linked to software development.
- Support to the development, verification and acceptance of SW infrastructure to support modelling as well as simulation.
- Tools and infrastructure maintenance to support system modelling and mission (performance) simulation.
- Some activities in End-to-end performance simulators for space missions, in terms of the related simulator development (software), processor development for data products and formalisation of corresponding simulator for data products and formalisation of corresponding simulator architectures in the areas of Space Science and Earth Observation.
Qualifications / Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- The candidate should have practical experience of system modelling and mission (performance) simulators.
- Experience in system architecting using architectural frameworks. Experience of TOGAF enterprise architecture standard is highly desirable.
- Experience of system modelling with formal methods (e.g. SysML or comparable modelling languages) is desired.
- Experience in system requirements and verification engineering.
- Good knowledge of related methods and tools.
- Experience of simulator development, functional and performance, at software level is an asset.
- Experience in spacecraft system engineering is advisable.
- Good English language skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good organisational and communication skills, with the ability to work independently in a diverse team environment.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Location of the position is ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.