An opportunity for an experienced System Engineer to work onsite at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA UK.
To provide support in the D/TEC Directorate in the System team of Small Satellite or CubeSat Project in the area of System Avionics, System Software and System Communication across all phases of the project.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Support all activities related to System Avionics, System Software and System Communication, from the early definition phase through to implementation phase and launch/operations phase.
- Maintain interfaces with the relevant Prime contractors or subsystem responsibles (industry/research institute) for the assigned projects.
- Support system and subsystem reviews of the assigned projects and ad hoc support.
- Follow up on technical issues arising on the assigned projects and participate in risk reduction activities.
- Help defining operations and support the in-orbit commissioning phase of the projects.
Qualifications / Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent.
- The candidate should have expert knowledge of System Engineering and more specifically to avionics, software and communication subsystems through the complete lifecycle including mission design/operations, systems design & AIV, subsystem technologies/products.
- Knowledge of / experience in the practical application of tailored engineering/quality standards to Small Satellite, IOD missions and CubeSat projects would be an asset.
- Experience of system and mission design, including system design modelling tools and Concurrent Engineering applied to space mission assessment and design would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of System of Systems (SoS) architecting and related tools (such as System Architect, Focal Point, etc.) and frameworks (e.g. MODAF, TOGAF) would be an asset.
- Knowledge and practice in the application of ESA SE Standards (e.g. ECSS-E-10 series) and SW engineering would an asset.
- Good English language skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good organisational and communication skills, with the ability to work independently in a diverse team environment.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Location of the position is ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.