A technical project manager with extensive technical experience of working in the space industry and/or software engineering domain.
To successfully deliver ground segment system software development projects covering all lifecycle phases. The position will also require the management of, and support to, the preparation of proposals for future work.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Project management of ground segment system software development projects;
- Responsible for delivery of all management & some technical aspects of the project to schedule, budgeted effort and quality requirements.
- Technical point of contact with the client
- Production of documents (both management and technical), often managing a team in these activities.
- Preparing for and presentation/close out of formal technical milestone reviews (e.g. Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review, Factory Acceptance Test, Site Acceptance Test)
- Supporting the preparation of proposals to win new work including (with the support of other technical staff):
- Understanding of customer SoWs and user requirements
- Estimating the effort required to implement the solutions (covering the full life-cycle of the project)
- Writing clear, concise, technical proposals to express the solution and its benefits to the client
- On occasion the role may require hands-on support to projects, including architectural design, detailed design of module and acceptance testing.
Qualifications / Experience
- Graduate or equivalent qualified in a relevant degree: mathematics, physics, engineering
- 10 years plus experience working in a technical capacity in the space or software industry and having progressed to technical or project management
- Project management
- Technical management
- Technical authoring
- Good communicator
- Knowledge of space craft systems, ground segment systems or complex software systems
- Software engineering
- Commercial awareness
- Negotiation skills
- Results and timescale driven
- Professional, systematic and thorough
- Comfortable in a customer facing role
- Good organisational skills & planning skills
- Good communicator
- Self-motivated and proactive in seeking new opportunities
- Willingness to adapt to meet current needs
- Motivating and supportive of team co-workers
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Location of the position is: Luton
Competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package including holiday, life assurance and a contributory pension scheme are offered to the successful candidate
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.