An opportunity for an experienced Space Segment Engineer to provide support to current and future projects.
To support the management of space segment (platform and payload) technology and product development activities for satellite communication applications.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Initiate, in collaboration relevant Departments, activities related to space segment technology and product development for telecommunication satellites.
- Establish and control relevant requirements, specifications and general documentation.
- Negotiate, monitor and control contracts and activities related to space segment technology and product development.
- Provide inputs to status reports for ARTES activities.
- Contribute to the identification and definition of space segment product and technology needs for future satellite communication services.
- Coordinate specialized engineering support
- Evaluation of candidate ideas for inclusion in the ARTES technology development work plans, including provision of feedback to the idea proponents, in collaboration with the relevant technical experts.
- Evaluation of the outline proposals for the co-funded ARTES activities and provision of feedback to the proposing entities.
- Support the promotion of the ARTES CC program and the ARTES socio-economic impact analysis.
Qualifications / Experience
- University degree (MSc minimum) in Aerospace Engineering, Telecommunications or another relevant engineering discipline.
- At least 2 years relevant industrial experience.
- Solid experience in design, analysis implementation and testing of space segment technology (platform and payload), equipment or subsystems for satellite communication applications.
- Sound knowledge of different types of equipment and subsystems, and their functions at system level, would be an asset.
- Specific knowledge and experience in one of the following payload domains: active antennas, digital signal processing, optical communication would be desirable.
- Experience in the management of development contracts for platform and/or payload technology and products would be an asset.
- Experience in space segment development projects, equipment/subsystem procurement, Assembly, Integration and Test and/or commissioning could be useful.
- Good English language skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree of organizational and communication abilities, and the ability to work comfortably in a diverse, multinational team environment.
- Positive, “can-do” approach
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 23rd November 2018.
Location of the position is Harwell, UK.
Click Here To Apply With CV & Covering Letter
By sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application