An opportunity for an experienced Software Engineer to work for Telespazio VEGA, onsite at ESTEC, in the software Product Assurance (PA) area.
To provide support to ESA with technical software PA requirements conducting analysis and reports as required.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Contribute to the establishing of the programmatic and technical software PA requirements within the framework of the ESA Software policy.
- Evaluate Contractors’ plans, technical specifications and efforts proposed for the execution of the S/W PA programme.
- Monitor and evaluate S/W PA analyses, reports and technical notes.
- Participate to project reviews, meetings, Configuration Control Boards, Non-conformance
- Review Boards and Software Review Boards.
- Prepare design trade-offs, analyses and reports using metrics to support project decisions.
- Participate to software product evaluations and process assessments.
- Establish and maintain databases to track NCRs, RFWs, action items etc. as required.
Qualifications / Experience
- Master’s degree in software engineering or computer science with background on space engineering.
- Relevant professional work experience.
- Familiarity with space product assurance practices together with a good working knowledge of appropriate working tools.
- Practical experience in applying ECSS S/W standards.
- Knowledge and proven experience in the following areas:
- Configuration management of complex systems.
- Software engineering and PA in critical applications.
- Be able to function as part of a team
- Excellent organization skills
- A proactive and flexible attitude will be required
- An ability to work independently and to establish good working relations
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Location of the position is: ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands
Closing date : 18 August 2018
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
Click To Apply with CV in WORD format. By clicking to apply you agree to your personal details being held and processed by Telespazio VEGA for the purpose of your application.