An opportunity for an experienced Software Engineer ideally with PA experience to work for Telespazio VEGA onsite at ESAC for 20hrs per week.
To support the ESA PA & Safety Manager for designated project(s) in conducting, monitoring & assessing the implementation of the PA & Safety Programme.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Contribute the establishing of the programmatic and technical software PA requirements within the framework of the ESA Software policy.
- Evaluate Contractors’ plans, technical specifications and efforts proposed for the execution of S/W PA programme.
- Monitor and evaluate S/W PA analyses, reports and technical notes.
- Participation to project reviews, meetings, Configuration Control Boards, Nonconformance
- Review Boards and Software Review Boards.
- Prepare design trade-offs, analyses and reports using metrics to support project decisions.
- Participate to software product evaluations and process assessments.
- Establish and maintain databases to track NCRs, RFWs, action items etc. as required.
Qualifications / Experience
- Master’s degree in software engineering or computer science or equivalent with background in space engineering.
- 4 years or more of relevant professional work experience on SW engineering and quality assurance
- Experience in tools as JIRA, Sonar, Confluence, Jenkins, Git, Nexus, Maven is an asset.
- Experience in the development, operation and maintenance of ESA ground segment facilities and some scientific background is an asset.
- Familiarity with space product assurance practices together with a good working knowledge of appropriate working tools.
- Practical experience in applying ECSS S/W standards.
- Knowledge and proven experience in the following areas:
- Configuration management of complex systems.
- Software engineering and PA in critical applications.
- Be able to function as part of a team
- A proactive and flexible attitude will be required
- An ability to work independently and to establish good working relations
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is: Monday 11th December 2017
Location of the position is: ESAC, Nr. Madrid, Spain
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.