An experienced Software Architect with a strong Software Development background. Able to architect bespoke software systems, lead development teams through full development lifecycle and prepare technical proposals to win new work.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Software Architect & Technical Manager
- System Design Authority – responsible for the overall design of the system, its compliance to requirements and any applicable legislation and its acceptance by the client.
- Plan and execute Integration and Test campaigns
- Management of technical team, including subcontracts if required.
- Technical point of contact with the client
- Production of documents (technical and also development plans)
- Preparation for and presentation of formal technical milestone reviews (e.g. Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review, Factory Acceptance Test, Site Acceptance Test)
- Responsibility for delivery of technical aspects of the project to schedule, budgeted effort and quality requirements.
- Preparation of proposals to win new work including:
- Understanding of the technical requirements and the context within the overall project scope.
- Specification of the solution, trading off alternatives
- Accurately estimating the effort required to implement the solution (covering the full life-cycle of the project)
- Writing clear, concise, technical proposals to express the solution and its benefits to the client
- Software Development
- On occasion the role can require hands-on software development support to projects (e.g. coding of critical areas, code review, prototyping/validating approaches & frameworks to be adopted).
Qualifications / Experience
Degree qualified (relevant degree with Software Engineering modules, or equivalent experience). Ideally the candidate will have at least 10 years commercial experience of software development.
- Requirements analysis
- Software system design/architectures
- Integration and Test
- Software Team leadership
- Technical proposal writing
- Accurate software development effort estimation
- JAVA programming and modern architectures / web development.
- Relational database design and solutions (e.g. Oracle, Postgres, SQL)
- Web application servers (Tomcat, JBoss, Wildfly etc.)
- Configuration management (Git source code control)
- Good working knowledge of software development methodologies (Agile and Waterfall)
- Knowledge of Space Ground Segment software domains (Control Centres, Earth Observation)
- UML (Enterprise Architect)
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Continuous integration/deployment environments (Jenkins)
- Development of web services (client and server)
- Understanding of virtualisation / cloud based computing
- JAVA Enterprise Edition (including JSF, EJB, JPA)
- Web content management (Drupal / PHP)
- Big Data Processing & Frameworks (e.g. Hadoop)
- Big Data Databases (e.g. HDFS, other non-SQL)
- Linux development
- Scripting (e.g. shell, perl, python)
- Strong written and oral communication
- Team player, open and keen to contribute
- Conscientious, hard working
- Attention to detail
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 26 October 2018
Location of the position is Capability Green, Luton
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application