An opportunity for an experienced Satellite Payload/Instrument Technician to work onsite at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA UK
To provide support within TEC-EFE – Radio Frequency Equip. & Tech. Section
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assist with the integration, configuration and running of RF test equipment and/or RF test set-ups employed in evaluating the performance of RF subsystems or instruments for space application such as:
- Atomic Clocks and Time and Frequency Test beds
- Navigation payloads
- Linear and Non-linear characterisation of subsystems/devices
- Life limited RF payload equipment
- PIM performance, multipactor performance and high power evaluation
- Remote sensing space born radar Calibration transponders
- TT&C and Communication test beds
- Development of software (using VEE and/or Lab View) for automated testing, control and monitoring of RF performance
- MIC/MMIC integration using dedicated equipment such as wire and ribbon bonding machines, eutectic die bonding and testing using on wafer probing station
- General laboratory support such as, scheduled maintenance, calibration of the laboratory equipment, continuous upgrade of test facilities, replacement of consumables, design of mechanical housings, thermal plates and test jigs for RF circuits
- Maintaining the Divisional (TEC-EF) equipment inventory list, which involves use/operation of dedicated software for traceability and control of inventory including lent out equipment
- Organisation and maintenance of laboratory library, which includes documentation operating manuals, test reports and general documentation
Qualifications / Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in relevant engineering or science, as well as several years’ industrial experience
- A strong background in RF, microwave and millimetre wave technologies and experience in preparation of test setups, integration and testing of RF Equipment (Active, Passive, time/frequency references) and RF Payloads.
- Good experience with LabView/Vee Pro and tools for automated testing, control and monitoring of RF performance.
- Good working knowledge of Thermal Vacuum chambers/systems isrequired.
- Experience in maintenance and calibration of general RF laboratory test equipment and instrumentation.
- Good English language skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to present and effectively communicate quality system processes.
- Good organisational and communication skills, with the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
- Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration.
- Positive, “can-do” approach
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Click Here To Apply With CV & Covering Letter
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application
Closing Date for applications is 7th December 2018
Location of the position is ESTEC, Noordwijk, Netherlands
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.