An opportunity for an engineer experienced in laboratory audits to work onsite at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA UK. This is a 6 month fixed term contract.
To provide support at the Section for Radiation Hardness Assurance and Component Analysis in close collaboration with the Laboratory Technical Administrator. Provide support on the Laboratory QMS incl. audits and Information Management System and Infrastructure investment/maintenance implementation.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- In collaboration and support of the Laboratory Technical Administrator to perform auditing of the QMS Laboratory in accordance with relevant quality standards, in accordance with ISO9000.
- To provide support with respect to the infrastructure and maintenance of the laboratory, and the relevant Quality Management Systems and databases.
- The laboratory uses a variety of laboratory tools, including acoustic microscopy, optical microscopy, scanning microscopy, confocal microscopy, XRD, X-Ray imaging, NDI etc., XPS, surface tension, Auger Microscopy, Raman Spectroscopy, Atomic Force Microscopy, IST Testing.
- Support the laboratory equipment procurement definition and implementation;
Qualifications / Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant engineering field as well as several years’ proven auditing experience using ISO9000 and the relevant quality standards preferably covering aerospace hardware.
- Knowledge of ISO 17025 related testing activities and ability to carry out testing and analysis in an ISO 17025 or other Quality Management System applicable standards. This includes procedure and documentation development;
- Good English language skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to present and effectively communicate quality system processes.
- Good organisational and communication skills, with the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
- Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Location of the position is ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.