An excellent opportunity for an experienced Payload Engineer to work onsite at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA UK.
To support the On-board Payload Data Processing Section.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but are not limited to:
A diverse range of support tasks is required to be carried out within the above domains, encompassing hardware, software and system aspects. These can be grouped within the following main headings:
Payload data acquisition, processing and storage chains:
- Data acquisition chain
- Data processing units
- Instrument controller
- Mass Memory storage units
- Experience with high speed serial link based systems and the testing of these interfaces
- SpaceWire, SpaceFibre and related protocols
- Protocols providing quality of service, reliability, determinism and FDIR
- Ethernet based systems based on Powerlink, AFDX or similar is an asset
- Validation of signal and image processing algorithms via simulation techniques (e.g. Matlab, prototyping SW)
- Specific engineering support in the above domains to mainstream ESA space projects, mainly for (but not restricted to) the development and testing phases
Qualifications / Experience
- Masters or equivalent in engineering or technical sciences
- Experience in VHDL programming, including reconfiguration and partial reconfiguration techniques is an asset
- Experience in defining payload data processing systems architectures.
- Extensive knowledge in signal and image processing techniques and devices.
- Extensive experience in procurement of spaceflight hardware units, sub-systems integration and testing in the space industry
- Knowledge in spaceflight electronics design related to data acquisition, processing and storage functions, as well as constraints of the space environment.
- Wide knowledge in communication networks principles, standards and their implementation
- Ability to work in an autonomous manner, in particular when providing support to projects with high time allocations and this in coordination with the line manager.
- Good English language skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to present and effectively communicate quality system processes.
- Good organisational and communication skills, with the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Location of the position is ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.