A Technical Manager with experience in the application of SAR satellite data to derive products and services to solve user needs.
To manage delivery of technology and science based projects and services. To build strong relationships with customers in national and international Earth Observation programmes, and to support bidding for new work.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Technical management: SAR services
- Engage with technical activities as appropriate
- Interaction with end users, engineering teams, consortia members
- Travel to international end user sites
- Contribute to bid activities
- This is anticipated to be a part-time role circa 20hrs/week, although at times due to business requirements this will increase. Travel both nationally and internationally will be required.
Qualifications / Experience
- Demonstrable experience in geo-information service delivery based upon value adding SAR satellite data
- Project Management (of Earth Observation, Geo-information, or similar projects, essential)
- Degree or equivalent experience in relevant technical subject (e.g. Physics, Remote Sensing, Information Technology)
- Understanding of Earth Observation principles and Geographic Information Systems
- Experience in EO data handling/processing an advantage
- Experience in the use of SAR data for various applications (forestry, maritime, geohazards)
- Product and Project Management for technical customers
- General IT skills for standard office use
- Good written and verbal communication
- Customer relationship management / negotiation
- Bid writing
- Proficient business Spanish
- Self-motivated and inquisitive
- Professional, systematic and thorough
- Comfortable working in an international environment
- Flexible and willing to work on a range of activities, to meet business needs
- Good team worker
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Location of the position is Capability Green, Luton, Beds’
We are open to applications either: permanent, agency worker or contractor. Competitive
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.