An excellent opportunity for an experienced PA & Safety Engineer to work onsite at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA UK.
To support the ESA PA & Safety Manager for designated project(s) in conducting, monitoring & assessing the implementation of the PA & Safety Programme.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Establishing the PA&S requirements baseline for all elements of the project, in compliance with the ESA general Product Assurance and Safety policy; Produce and implement plans, define inputs, outputs, participants, responsibilities, interfaces, coordinate efforts of participants, and produce resulting consolidated inputs;
- Support the MetOp-SG Product Assurance & Safety (PA&S) Manager in all activities related to the execution of the Product Assurance Programme for the MetOp-SG Project and deputising for the PA&S Manager as required;
- Actively participate in the Design Review Process at System, Instrument and Unit Level;
- Support the Risk Management and Configuration Management processes within the ESA Project Team, including the disposition of Request for Deviations and Request for Waivers (RFDs & RFWs);
- Supporting the PA&S Manager to ensure the effective implementation and execution of the non-conformance identification
- and reporting mechanisms within the contractor supply chain and confirm the correct and formal closure of non-conformances;
- Together with the Satellite Prime and the Instrument Primes, review ESA Alerts for potential impact to the project and, internally, the ESA IPNs (Internal Problem Notifications), ensuring they are formally addressed and closed-out;
- Support the Satellite and Instrument Primes in monitoring the manufacturing, integration and test activities using manufacturing readiness reviews (MRR), mandatory inspection points (MIPs), test readiness reviews (TRRs), test review boards (TRBs);
- Assist the PA&S Manager in ensuring that all formally delivered items within the Project supply chain conform with requirements using formal acceptance reviews (Delivery Review Boards – DRBs);
- Produce reports on project and review activities, including conclusions and recommendations where necessary, participate in progress meetings, when needed and reporting on project PA status;
- Extensive travel within Europe is required.
Qualifications / Experience
- Masters or equivalent in engineering or technical sciences
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Product Assurance and Quality Assurance in the aerospace domain
- Certified quality auditor with lead auditing experience in the aerospace industry, including but not limited to: planning, coordinating and executing supplier audits, reporting audit results, performing audit follow-up and close-out activities.
- Proficient knowledge and experience working with international quality management standards such as ISO 9001 and EN 9100. Knowledge and experience of ISO/IEC 17025 and other international management standards is an asset
- Good English language skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to present and effectively communicate quality system processes.
- Good organisational and communication skills, with the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Location of the position is ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will