An opportunity for an experienced Optical Engineer to work for Telespazio VEGA onsite at ESTEC within the Optical Engineering Section.
To provide support on optical design, analysis and verification.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Translation of optical payload performance requirements into optical systems specifications.
- Conceptual design of optical systems, as telescopes, spectrometers.
- Optical design analysis and verification including optical tolerances analyses.
- Assessment of opto-mechanical layouts.
- Definition of plans for experimental validation and calibration of optical systems.
- Evaluation and analysis of test results.
- Verification of high precision optical components technology developments.
Qualifications / Experience
- Master or PhD or equivalent in Optical Engineering or physics.
- Project and/or industrial experience in the design, engineering and testing of various types of optical instrumentation.
- Good working knowledge of ZEMAX and/or CODE V (and preferably also ASAP).
- Hands-on experience in optical manufacturing techniques, alignment and tolerancing.
- Be able to function as part of a team
- A proactive and flexible attitude will be required
- An ability to work independently and to establish good working relations
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Location of the position is: ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.