An experienced Navigation & Systems Engineer to join Telespazio’s growing team developing navigation and other satellite systems and applications in our Luton offices.
To successfully deliver engineering projects in navigation and other satellite systems and applications as part of an existing and growing team. To support further bids to win new work.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties and main tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Systems engineering work including studies, mathematical modelling, field trials and report writing
- Role will address both upstream (satellite) and downstream (application) activities.
- Development of high accuracy and high integrity GNSS applications for transport and other applications
- Upstream satellite activities will include development of GNSS systems and services
- Contribute to engineering team activities
- Contribute to bids
Qualifications / Experience
- BSc degree in engineering, science, maths or equivalent experience
- Experienced system engineer including
- GNSS and wider PNT systems experience
- Satellite systems &/or operations experience
- Bid writing experience, preferably including multi-company bids either as Prime or Subcontractor
- Familiar with UK Space Agency / MoD / ESA processes, bids and contracts (desirable)
- Familiar with Rail domain including signaling (desirable)
- Awareness of UK GNSS, Galileo, security issues (desirable)
- Programming / modelling, particularly GNSS and satellite simulation(desirable)
- Excellent (clear, concise and structured) written and verbal communication in English (engineering topics)
- Organised & structured way of working
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft office
- Able to work with limited supervision and take the initiative to deliver high quality work on budget and on time
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work to deadlines
- Professional, logical and thorough
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Flexible and willing to work on a range of activities to meet evolving business needs.
Other Desirable Requirements
- UK National
- UK Driving license
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 31st January 2019.
Location of the position is Capability Green, Luton, UK.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
Click Here To Apply With CV & Covering Letter
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application