An opportunity for an experienced Mechanisms Engineer to work onsite at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA UK.
To provide Mechanisms support to all ESA project directorates with respect to the implementation of space mechanism technologies in current and future missions, including configuration assessments and mission performance evaluations.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Establishment of Statement of Work and Preliminary Requirement Specifications for Mechanism Systems, Individual Mechanisms or Mechanism components dedicated to Technology and Research & Development.
- Perform and support in the role of Mechanism engineer, System Level Mission Definition studies and system conceptual design activities in support of the ESA long term/future mission plans.
- Identification of enabling mechanism and tribological technologies for future ESA missions.
- Support investigations of mechanisms being out of performance, including malfunctions and contingency scenarios.
- Support and contribute to the establishment and maintenance of the Space Mechanisms ECSS Engineering Standards.
- Generation and set-up of appropriate space mechanisms analysis and simulation models using analysis tools based on technical documentation of space mechanisms. Back up and archiving of analysis models for later retrieval.
Qualifications / Experience
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in mechanical or aeronautical engineering.
- Relevant experience within the field of mechanism design, analysis, verification and testing.
- Excellent knowledge in space system engineering, specializing in mechanisms, knowledge of the Space Mechanism ECSS standard and its application to the design and verification of mechanisms, together with a good knowledge of space mechanism testing and verification methodologies and techniques and a good knowledge of related mechanisms numerical analysis tools such as Adams, VirtualLab Motion , SIMPACK, Matlab/Simulink, Maxwell, Flux etc.
- Good knowledge of ECSS-E-ST-33-01C-Rev.1 Mechanisms.
- Good knowledge of ESA and its programmes/projects.
- Ability to define and implement solutions in line with team and individual objectives, as well as project deadlines
- Good English language skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree of organizational and communication abilities, and the ability to work comfortably in a diverse, multinational team environment
- Extensive travel within Europe and the United States is required
- Self-motivation, communication, continuous learning, cross-cultural sensitivity
- Teamwork / team spirit
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Location of the position is ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.