An opportunity for an experienced Materials and Processes Evaluation Engineer to work onsite at ESA, Harwell for Telespazio VEGA UK
To provide support for the Materials and Processes Section for projects where Product Assurance and Safety Managers are based at ECSAT, primarily in the area of processing, testing and performance evaluation of metallic materials and in the areas of Additive Manufacturing and PCB testing.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but are not limited to:
The laboratory tasks shall especially cover:
- End to end process evaluation for additive manufacturing, including raw material specification and product performance (mechanical testing, NDI, etc.)
- Destructive and non-destructive PCB testing.
Additional tasks shall cover:
- Provide materials and processes support for projects where product assurance and safety managers are located at ECSAT, including participation to projects meeting, reviews and audits;
- Support Materials and Processes reviews, Materials and Processes Control Boards (MPCB’s) and participate as Engineering and/or PA Board Member in ESA Programme reviews milestones (including PRRs, SRRs, PDRs, CDRs, QARs, FRRs, etc.);
- Review Declared Materials, Parts and Processes Lists (DMLs, DPLs, and DMPLs) as well as RFAs, RFDs/RFWs, ECPs, etc.
- Support major Non-Conformances Review Board activities, perform failure analysis and failure investigation using a variety of laboratory tools;
- Support the definition and implementation of the Research and Technology activities in the domain of advanced manufacturing;
- Support the evaluation of proposals for technology R&D activities on their technical merit, consistency and priorities and recommendation for ESA endorsement;
- Support the coordination of technology R&D activities, monitoring of the procurement implementation, evaluation and reporting of the achieved results and lessons learnt to the relevant ESA Directorates and key Partners;
The technical competence shall especially cover:
- Processing (e.g. joining, surface treatments), testing, and performance evaluation of metallic materials (e.g. Al-alloys, Ti-alloys, steel);
- Additive manufacturing processes and associated test and qualification approaches;
Qualifications / Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in materials engineering and science, materials physics/metallurgy and/or non-metallic materials or another related field, as well as several years’ industrial experience
- Good knowledge about general materials test methodologies and especially experience in mechanical testing.
- Experience in defining and executing test plans for materials qualification and process validation
- Capability to take decisions for selection of materials and processes for space applications.
- Good English language skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to present and effectively communicate quality system processes.
- Good organisational and communication skills, with the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
- Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration.
- Positive, “can-do” approach
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 3rd December 2018.
Location of the position is ECSAT, Harwell, UK.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
Click Here To Apply With CV & Covering Letter
By sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application