A systems engineer with knowledge of satellite and ground segment systems and software.
To design, assess and document principally software based systems for space industry ground segment systems.
Responsibilities / Duties
Engineering support to Space projects. Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Understanding complex software systems
- Supporting design studies and ground segment system design
- Support to writing technical specifications for engineers
- Support to writing technical proposals
- Testing ground segment systems
Qualifications / Experience
- Graduate or equivalent qualified in a relevant degree: mathematics, physics, engineering
- 0 to 5 years of experience working as a systems engineer preferably in the space industry
- Systems engineering
- Technical authoring
- Good communications
- Software engineering
- Ground segment systems design
- Spacecraft design
- Comfortable in a technical customer facing role
- Self-motivated and creative individual, actively seeking opportunities for the business
- Positive, “can-do” approach
- Willingness to adapt role to meet current needs
- Encouraging and supportive of team co-workers
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Location of the position is Luton
Competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package including holiday, life assurance and a contributory pension scheme are offered to the successful candidate
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.