A remote sensing graduate with knowledge of satellite Earth Observation data systems and processing.
To contribute to operational and science-based services and system developments for national and international, based EO programmes.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Support services to ESA for Earth Explorer and third party missions (particular focus on data quality)
- Interact with expert customers on mission data issues
- Occasional travel to customer sites (South East UK; Rome)
- Contribute to technical proposal authoring, to win new work
Qualifications / Experience
- Relevant post-graduate degree or equivalent experience
- Support operational processing systems for EO data (e.g. level ‘1’ to level ‘2’ and ‘level 3’ processing)
- Experience of working with altimetry and other earth observation data
- Use and adapt tools for remote sensing data manipulation
- Understanding of EO data processing levels
- Understanding of instrument calibration principles (e.g. geometric, radiometric, spectral, etc)
- Data handling and manipulation
- Technical document authoring
- General knowledge of satellite systems
- Programming for Scientific / Mathematical applications
- Python development
- Understanding of meteorological / climate systems is an advantage
- Publishing and presentation to scientific / engineering audiences
- Comfortable in a (scientific) customer facing role
- Self-motivated and creative individual, actively seeking opportunities for the business
- Positive, “can-do” approach
- Willingness to adapt role to meet current needs
- Encouraging and supportive of team co-workers
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Location of the position: Luton, UK
Competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package including holiday, life assurance and a contributory pension scheme are offered to the successful candidate
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.