An opportunity for a software engineer to work initially on our client site, within a satellite operations support group.
The Software Engineer will join a satellite operations support group who are responsible for the development and maintenance of a proprietary satellite monitoring and control system
Responsibilities / Duties
The activities to support include:
- Telemetry and Telecommand database definition;
- Collating information on existing telemetry parameters (format, meaning, etc.) and converting formats;
- Understanding, modifying and extending existing satellite mission control software;
- Software testing and implementation;
- Migration of existing module that interfaces with operations databases from Oracle to PostgreSQL.
Qualifications / Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in Electronic Engineering, Space Systems Engineering, Computer Science or related specialisation;
- Good experience in the development of Software applications related to the specific tasks of the position;
- Practical software experience covering: Linux, C++, CORBA, ECSS, CCSDS Standards for telemetry, SQL language, PostgreSQL and libpq;
- Ability to understand, and work with, legacy code.
- Good English language skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to present and effectively communicate quality system processes.
- Good organisational and communication skills, with the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 18th June 2019.
Location of the position is London, transferring to Luton once the current project is complete.
To apply: Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
By sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.