An opportunity for an application engineer to work onsite at ECSAT for Telespazio VEGA UK, in the Downstream Applications Programme.
To support the development and promotion of new applications and services for space technology.
Responsibilities / Duties
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Identification and characterisation of new services and applications exploiting current and next generation of space systems (e.g. Earth Observation) and their integration in non-space domains
- Evaluating proposals for, and managing ongoing work on, upcoming industry collaborations, studies and projects, including technical and commercial aspects.
- Interface with user groups, industry and other relevant partners in accordance with the Programme objectives;
- Support the consolidation of user needs and their translation into system requirements;
- Initiate new activities and studies within your area of responsibility;
- Contribute to the preparation of Demonstration Projects.
- Support the preparation of tenders;
- Coordinate support provided by other ESA Directorates
Qualifications / Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master’s degree in satellite communication, satellite navigation or remote sensing;
- Sound knowledge of the overall space applications market, and specific experience in specifying, developing, evaluating and promoting applications making use of satellites
- Familiarity with downstream space services and applications and with relevant space technologies (i.e. satellite communications, navigation and earth observation);
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Excellent analytical skills;
- High standard of document drafting;
- Ability to work effectively both within a small team and in an autonomous way.
- Willing to travel to ESA establishments and/or other European locations;
- Must be Comfortable in an international working environment;
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is Friday 31st May 2019.
Location of the position is ECSAT, Harwell, UK.
To apply: Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
By sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.