Currently seeking an experienced Radio Navigation Engineer to work onsite at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA.
The primary purpose of the role will be to support the Galileo System Security Office within the Radio Navigation Systems & Techniques Section on Galileo PRS Security.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Integration, Validation and Qualification of ESA PRS End to end Validation Tools in order to establish reference frame of tools
- Create and distribute test vectors to enable testing of PRS receivers under development
- Establishment and instruction of a PRS training programme, BASIC and ADVANCED, for any PRS Participant to undergo a Training Programme with ESA experts
- Establishment of a compatibility programme that enable any PRS Participant to either bring their PRS prototype receiver
- Support to PRS Test Benches whenever required by the ESA Galileo Security Office
- Support to Satellite Launch and in orbit test campaigns whenever required by the ESA Galileo Security Office
- Support to Galileo Initial Services regarding the implementation for the PRS
- Support to PRS test campaigns using the classified tools in the ESA Secure Navigation Laboratory. This includes:
- Expert advice at found anomalies and non-conformances
- Preparation of the Navigation Laboratory
- Development of Matlab scripts for faster processing of data
- Processing test results, creating test reports (MS Office) and raising anomalies (ESA in house tools)
- Monthly reporting of (measured) parameters
Qualifications / Experience
- Masters or higher (or equivalent) in Telecom Engineering and signal processing or electronic engineering
- Minimum of 4 years industrial experience
- Strong knowledge on the design of satellite navigation systems, ranging and positioning techniques, RF and microwave systems, navigation system mission monitoring, and GNSS processing facilities.
- Knowledge of payload engineering and platform systems, experience with the GNSS and GALILEO systems and have good knowledge of Radio Navigation processing and simulation systems would be an asset.
- Candidate must be able to manage and coordinate complex technical discussions with diverse groups to achieve target goals within a compressed time.
- Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration.
- Proficient in the English language (spoken and written)
- Teamwork and strong inter-personal skills
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 30th May 2019.
Location of the position is ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.