An opportunity for an experienced PA & Safety Engineer to provide support onsite at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA in ESA missions, in particular in the Galileo Project.
- To provide PA & Safety support in the D/TEC Directorate in the Quality Assurance and Management Section in particular to support the Galileo Ground Segment PA Unit in all the activities related to the execution of the Galileo Ground Segment Product Assurance and Safety Programme.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Guiding and monitoring the implementation of PA&S requirements by contractors in order to assess performance/effectiveness, participation in design reviews and directing the necessary preventive or corrective actions;
- Supporting the process for evaluation and approval of contractors waivers and deviations
- Supporting the project non-conformance process and attendance/organization of non-conformance/anomaly review boards as necessary.
- Ensuring the implementation of the Ground Segment PA Requirements baseline across the applicable Galileo Ground Segments;
- Monitoring the integration and test activities with quality assurance audits, mandatory and key inspection points, test witnessing and configuration inspections;
- Supporting the definition of the formal acceptance requirements and conduction of acceptance reviews of all contractual deliverable items;
- Ensuring the preparation of design trade-offs, analyses and reports using RAMS data to support project decisions;
- Supporting Security activities for ground segments as appropriate;
- Support the maintenance of the Navigation Directorate Quality Management System.
General Activities include the following:
- Assist the PA&S Manager in ensuring that all formally delivered items within the Project supply chain conform with requirements using formal acceptance reviews (Delivery Review Boards – DRBs);
- Produce reports on project and review activities, including conclusions and recommendations where necessary, participate in progress meetings, when needed and reporting on project PA
- Monitoring project & PA status & identify relevant PA issues, including NCR / SPR / Waivers / Problems / Critical Items and systematically tracking all items. Produce monthly reports of monitoring activities performed (e.g. inspections, checks, visits, reviews), including conclusions and recommendations;
- Monitoring the manufacturing, integration and test activities with quality assurance audits, mandatory and key inspection points, test witnessing and configuration inspections; Produce report on activities performed with conclusion and recommendations;
- Defining the formal acceptance requirements and conducting the Acceptance Reviews of all contractual deliverable items; Produce and implement plans for the preparation of the formal acceptance requirements, defining steps, inputs, outputs, participants, responsibilities, interfaces, and coordinating efforts of participants to produce resulting consolidated inputs to project documents. Produce also reports on the activities performed for conduction of Acceptance Reviews;
- Supporting the organisation & management of the support from all PA disciplines
- Controlling NCR / Waivers / Problems / Critical Items. Produce meeting agendas, check that all inputs are available for the NRB or CCB, check that all needed participants are involved, produce NRB or CCB minutes of meeting, follow-up on actions identified, ensure proper non-conformance/wavier/problem/critical item close-out. Produce also reports on control activities performed.
- Participating in progress meetings and CCB meetings. Produce inputs to the meeting and whenever requested, produce meeting agendas, check that all inputs are available, check that all needed participants are involved, produce minutes of meeting, follow-up on actions identified, ensure proper close-out.
- Participating in all project reviews, including safety reviews. Produce reports on all review activities performed (e.g. documents reviewed, checklists used, spot check performed), conclusions and recommendations.
- Reporting project PA status (deviations from plan / schedule of all of above).
Qualifications / Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the space sector, including 5 years in Product and Quality Assurance is desired.
- Knowledge of Configuration Management or the implementation of Product Assurance within a quality system certified to ISO 9001 would be an asset.
- Good English language skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skill
- Excellent analytical skills
- High standard of document drafting
- Ability to work effectively both within a small team and in an autonomous way
- Positive, “can-do” approach to solving problems.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 8th May 2019.
Location of the position is ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
By sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.