An opportunity for an experienced engineer to provide support onsite at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA in Earth Observation Mission Performance Analysis.
To provide expert support both in Mission Performance and with processes relevant to E2E Mission Performance Chain in the EOP-PEP Office.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Support the verification of mission and system level requirements in the
- areas of Mission observation and Data products;
- Support the procurement and acceptance of simulator, Ground Processor Prototype (GPP) and reference processors;
- Support the payload team for aspects relevant to instrument performance requirements flow-down and instrument performance verification;
- Support cross-verification activities with the operational ground segment against the Ground Processor Prototype and Reference Processors;
- Organise, draft the agenda and convene the meetings to achieve the objectives above.
- Support Head of EOP-PEP in the definition and promotion of generic approach and processes relevant to E2E Mission Performance Chain in coordination with other Mission Performance Engineers.
Qualifications / Experience
- Applicants for this post should have a university degree (at least Master’s degree) or equivalent qualification in a relevant physical science, software or engineering subject, together with a demonstrated background and experience in managing/following software developments in a space project environment.
- The candidate must possess solid analytical skills, a proactive and flexible attitude, together with the capability to critically analyse the work performed by industry in the relevant areas, quickly identify the problems and propose/instigate corrective actions.
- The candidate should also be able to organise and conduct meetings with different parties, assertively presenting results and facilitating convergence on technical aspects.
- The candidate shall demonstrate to be proficient with programming tools and languages (e.g. C, C++, Java and Python) and at ease with modern software build systems.
- Good English language skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skill
- Excellent analytical skills
- High standard of document drafting
- Ability to work effectively both within a small team and in an autonomous way
- Positive, “can-do” approach to solving problems.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 7th May 2019.
Location of the position is ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.