An opportunity for an experienced Radio Navigation Engineer with experience of GNSS system performance and radio navigation receivers to work onsite at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA UK.
To contribute to the design, analysis, implementation and testing of radio navigation systems, with emphasis on system architecture and performance and on radio navigation receivers among other System Support Tools.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- GNSS System Implementation and Verification including support to System Test Campaigns using System Tools including Radio Navigation Receivers.
- In particular for Galileo, participation in studies, simulations and laboratory testing for the assessment of system end-to-end functionalities and performance, including measurement campaigns, data processing and field testing, also applied to radio navigation receivers design and techniques.
- Support to the Galileo project in the monitoring of industrial contracts for the development of radio navigation (System Support) tools and equipment including receivers and for studies on radio navigation, including generating technical requirements and statements of work.
- Following experimentation and validation activities related to GALILEO System Support Tools in liaison with engineering staff in the area of timing and user receiver characterisation and UERE budget assessment.
- Following evolutions of System Support Tools inline with evolutions of GALILEO system, for example in Navigation Signal and Message, and organise the subsequent related experimentation and validation.
- Participation to GALILEO System related Integration, Verification and Qualification (IVQ) activities to support the definition and preparation of test cases making use of the GALILEO System Support Tools validation capabilities and to identify, characterise and follow-up System anomalies.
- Participation in the overall Radio Navigation R&D roadmap for the definition of high TRL activities.
Qualifications / Experience
- University degree (MSc minimum) in telecommunications and signal processing or electronic engineering, as well as experience in these fields.
- Specific and Strong knowledge on the design of satellite navigation systems, ranging and positioning techniques, RF, and signal processing techniques, focusing on navigation receivers.
- Strong experience at user level with satellite navigation receivers and satellite navigation positioning and integrity algorithms.
- At least 4 years’ experience relevant with GNSS and GALILEO systems and equipment including receivers and good knowledge of Radio Navigation processing, simulation and testing systems.
- Specialist in the implementation, maintenance and operation of complex Radio Navigation processing, simulation and test facilities for spacecraft, aircraft, maritime and land mobile applications.
The following competencies would be an asset:
- Knowledge on EGNOS Overlay System, including the extension to GALILEO support and associated integrity functions; familiarity with Safety-Of-Life systems; familiarity with Advanced RAIM (A-RAIM) techniques and with RTK/PPP techniques
- Familiarity with authentication and encryption techniques that could be relevant to expected GALILEO OS/CS evolutions in these domains.
- Good English language skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to present and effectively communicate quality system processes.
- Good organisational and communication skills, with the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
- Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Location of the position is ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.