An opportunity for keen and energetic individuals to work onsite at a satellite communication company in London for Telespazio VEGA UK.
Responsibilities / Duties
The successful candidate will be a graduate or equivalent with a can do attitude.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Daily satellite telemetry reviewing
- Routine health checks and trend analysis execution
- Supporting special activities on satellites (communication satellites in low earth orbit)
- Operating a remote control centre
- Liaising with a world-wide team of satellite and SW experts
Qualifications / Experience
- Degree qualified (relevant technical degree, or equivalent experience)
- Ideally the candidate will have at least 1 year experience of satellite operations (eg. University CubeSat Programmes or similar)
- Experience of smallsat operations
- Familiarity with nano-satellites
- Knowledge of GomSpace’s linux based Cubesat Space Protocol would be advantageous
- Interest in space technologies
- Strong written and oral communication
- Team player, open and keen to contribute
- Conscientious, hard working
- Attention to detail
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Location of the position is: London, UK
Competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package including holiday, life assurance and a contributory pension scheme are offered to the successful candidate
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.