An opportunity for an experienced Information Security Engineer to work onsite at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA UK.
To support the Agency constituency delivering Incident Management, Security Monitoring, Vulnerability Management and Cryptography services
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but are not limited to:
ESACERT Based Security Service
Security Monitoring and Analytics:
- SIEM technology’s
- Develop and deliver security awareness and compliance training programs
- Conduct knowledge transfer training sessions to security operations team upon technology implementation.
- Utilize investigative methods, forensic software and hardware to locate specific electronic data including: internal and external e-mail; Internet history usage; documents, malware; and other files to support ESACERT Service manager.
- Utilize standard vulnerability tools like Nessus, Acunetix , OpenVas
- Integration within existing tool of Security Intelligence services
- Knowledge of OSINT tools
- Incident Handling & Reporting
- Vulnerability Scanning
- SIEM Log Analysis
- Firewall Analysis
- Malware and APT
ICT Infrastructure management:
- Maintaining CERT technical environment infrastructure Servers, Appliances, VMs and workstations used for the daily security activities
Analysis of ESA environment software/hardware against security risks:
- Security White Papers
NON TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
Considering the nature of the position, privacy and non-conflicts of interest are essential requirements to be able to perform the tasks specified in Chapter 2. In particular, the personnel performing these tasks
- shall be ready to apply, upon ESA request, for national security clearance.
- shall not respond to or be employed by a company that plays major roles in the delivery of IT/Technical services to ESA.
ZED! SUPPORT TO DIRECTORATES
Zed! Is a software solution from Primex technology that has been selected as EU dual approved encryption technology suitable for ESA classified documents up to ‘’Restricted’’. Zed! Uses encrypted containers to protect file transports regardless of the method used (email attachment, USB stick, removable device, file transfer, etc.)
Support need to be provided to end-users all over the Agency for :
- ZED! Secure software installation, configuration and disposal in according to existing procedures on supported platform (Windows, VDI/MAC)
- Preparation and maintenance of ZED! Guideline for secure utilization of the software within the ESA environment.
- Troubleshooting and support user request who has issues with the software.
- Incident Management
Qualifications / Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant field.
Required BASIC skills:
- Good knowledge of Networking and TCP/IP protocols,
- Operating Systems: Unix/Linux, Windows XP/7/2008/2012, VMWare
- Programming Languages: C, C++ (at least one)
- Scripting Languages: PHP, Python, Perl (at least one)
- Knowledge of Firewall, IDS/IPS, proxies and VPN Gateways
Required ADVANCED skills:
- Experience in CERT or SOC (Blue team)
- SIEM, Investigation skills on centralized log management systems
- Penetration test and Vulnerability Assessment (Red team)
- Malware analysis (static and dynamic) with knowledge on Sandbox devices.
- Strong experience in Encryption technology and tools (e.g. ZED!, PGP,PKI)
- Other skills
- Project Management
- Good interpersonal and diplomatic skills and team player
- Fluent in English speaking and writing (e.g. B2)
- Writing User Manuals
- Writing and managing Project and Service Documentation
- Working knowledge of data protection based on a defense-in-depth approach
- Working knowledge of the ITIL and the ISO27000 Framework
- Knowledge of the EU Data Classification model is an asset
- Willing to travel for user community related requirements and issues.
Professional Certifications related Security skills are considered an asset:
- EC-Council, (http://www.eccouncil.org) Certified Ethical Hacker
- GIAC, http://www.giac.org/
- Certified Incident handler,
- Certified penetration tester,
- Certified Forensic analyst
- Offensive Security, http://www.offensive-security.com/
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Location of the position is ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.