An engineer with demonstrated abilities in the field of SAR data, and development / delivery of related user services.
An exciting opportunity within Telespazio VEGA UK to develop SAR-based value-added services to commercial customers.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Defining / develop SAR-based services and/or technology based upon user requirements
- Working with customers to establish Geo-Information based needs
- Developing prototype and proof of concept systems to demonstrate business need
- Support business development activities from initial customer requirements through to final proposal generation
- Continuous improvements to automated data handling tools
- Supporting bid activities
Qualifications / Experience
- Relevant degree (e.g. Physics; Remote Sensing; Mathematics)
- 3+ years’ experience working with GIS data and SAR products
- Experience of SAR applications, including interferometry and coherent change detection
- Technical understanding of Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) data products
- Developed knowledge of scripting or programming (e.g. Python, Linux scripting, Java etc)
- Knowledge of Image Processing packages especially for SAR processing and InSAR
- Command-line operating system use (Linux an advantage)
- Interpreting customer needs to technical requirements
- Awareness of optical platforms
- Knowledge of data formats relevant to Earth Observation (e.g. netCDF, XML)
- Thematic knowledge of one or more of the following (flood mapping, forestry, agritech, ground deformation & civil engineering)
- Self-motivated; Independent and pro-active
- Good communicator
- Commercial awareness
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 30 June 2017
Location of the position is Luton, UK
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.